- 1/2 garlic bulb
- 3 tbsp Lemonaise
- (can substitute with homemade mixture of 2 egg yolks, one whole egg, 1 tbsp ground mustard, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- dash of Flavor God Pink Peppercorn and Himalayan salt seasoning
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp franks hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425
- Leaving bulb in tact, remove loose outer layer of garlic. Wrap 1/2 bulb of garlic in foil and bake for 15-20 mins or until lightly browned.
- When done, remove roasted garlic cloves from bulb (should squeeze out easily) and add in bowl with oil and Lemonaise.
- Smash garlic and mix well.
- Add garlic combination with remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nut-Free Basil Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cut stems off basil leaves.
- Add basil and garlic cloves to food processor and pulse.
- Slowly add in olive oil while grinding; begin with 1/4 and add to desired consistency.
- Squeeze in juice of 1/2 lemon and blend well.
- Use immediately or store in fridge.
Simple Homemade Gauc
- 2 avocados, mashed
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- Mash avocados completely in bowl.
- Mix in minced cilantro and red onion.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Chill before serving. Enjoy 🙂
Tomato Sauce From the 1/2 Italian
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat olive oil and garlic in large pot and cook until garlic in softened.
- Add in chopped up tomato and tomato paste. Heat over low temperature.
- Add in water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in basil and bay leaf.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Butternut Squash Sage Sauce
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 sage leaves, cut into thin strips
- Heat olive oil in deep pan.
- Add in shallots and cook until they begin to turn translucent.
- Add butternut squash, cut into small cubes, and caramelize outsides of cubes.
- Add in bay leaf, sage leaves, nutmeg, and 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Cook until squash becomes tender but is maintaining shape, about 10 minutes.
- In blender, puree mixture (minus bay leaf). Slowly adding remainder of chicken broth.
- Once done, heat in pot, adding water as necessary until achieving desired consistency.
Paleo Faux-yaki Sauce
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- Heat olive oil and crushed garlic in skillet.
- Once garlic begins to turn color, turn down heat to low.
- Add coconut aminos, rice vinegar, and sesame oil and begin to heat.
- Add in minced garlic, ginger powder, chili powder, and paprika.
- Increase heat to medium-low and bring to a light simmer, stirring continuously.
- Simmer 3-5 minutes or until fully heated.
- Remove from heat/from pan immediately after finishing to avoid thickening and sticking to pot/pan.