Skip to content
Butternut Squash Casserole
- 1/2 lb pork (or chicken) sausage
- 1 lb shrimp, chopped into pieces
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1/2 lb extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 onion
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices of turkey bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook bacon and sausage together in deep pot/pan.
- When fat begins to render, add the diced onion.
- Sautee until bacon is crisp, sausage crumbled, and onion is soft.
- Add tofu and cook until begins to turn color to slightly golden.
- Add in the sliced squash. Turn the heat to high so squash will brown and caramelize not boil.
- Remove pot from heat. Let cool.
- Pour beaten eggs over mixture and stir to coat mix. Add shrimp and parmesan cheese to taste.
- Stir to combine all ingredients and pour into casserole dish.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes.
Tofu and Tilapia Tacos
- 8 oz tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Rotel
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 8 oz tilapia
- 1 lime
- 1 packet fish taco seasoning
- Taco shells of choice
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Cook onion and garlic in oil.
- Crumble tofu and add to skillet with approximately 1/4 taco seasoning, or to taste. Stir frequently and cook until beginning to change turn golden.
- Add tilapia and Rotel. Allow tilapia to cook and add 1/4 seasoning packet and juice of lime.
- Once tilapia begins to change color, add the black beans and allow to heat.
- Fill taco shells with mixture, top with favorite extras, and enjoy!
Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
- 1 can (15oz) black beans
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 yellow bell pepper, minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Cover and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Mash black beans with a fork into a past like mixture.
- Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, jalapenos, onion, garlic, hot sauce, and egg into black beans.
- Form black bean mixture into approximately 5 patties.
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook the patties until heated through, only about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top with your favorites; for example fantastic with avocado, tomato, and alfalfa sprouts.
Spaghetti Squash Bake
- 2 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 1.5 lbs lean turkey sausage
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large handful spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- Cut spaghetti squash in half length wise and scoop out seeds.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay all halves face down on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes.
- While spaghetti squash bakes, heat onion and garlic in pan until potent.
- Once potent, about 1 minute, add sliced turkey sausage and cook until browned.
- After squash is cooked, rake out string like insides.
- Add squash strings to casserole dish.
- Mix in cooked onion, garlic, and sausage. Along with spinach, diced tomatoes, and two (whisked together) eggs.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
Paleo Chicken and Dumplings
- 4 chicken breast, chopped in one inch chunks
- 2 small yellow onions, sliced
- 3 cups my homemade paleo cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup clarified butter, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Stir cubed chicken breast, sliced onion, soup, and 1/2 cup chicken broth in slower cook.
- Cook on low for two hours.
- Add in carrots and remaining chicken broth. Cook 4 more hours.
- While cooking, begin the dumplings.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together all eggs with melted butter.
- Shift coconut flour once through.
- Add baking powder and sift through 2-3x, until soft.
- Whisk sifted mix into egg mix.
- Spoon out onto pan and bake 15-20 minutes.
- Serve dumplings on plate and pour slow cooked mix on top.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups cauliflower, ground in food processor
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Pizza toppings as desired
- Grind cauliflower in food processor fully but do not puree.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix remaining ingredients into cauliflower.
- Spread mixture onto lightly greased baking sheet or pizza stone and flatten evenly.
- Pat dry with paper towel.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add desired toppings.
- Bake an additional 8 minutes, or until toppings are warmed and cheese (if used) is melted.
Gluten-free Shrimp Enchiladas with Black Bean Quinoa Chili
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb raw, deveined shrimp
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 can organic black beans
- 2 cups Double Roasted Salsa (I used Trader Joe’s)
- Frank’s hot sauce & shredded Mexican cheese
- Boil pot of water with half a carrot and a quarter of an onion chopped up to cook the shrimp in.
- Cook shrimp until they turn pink, about a minute or two.
- In a separate pot bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa to a boil. Cook 15 minutes, or until all the water in absorbed.
- In another large pot, heat olive oil and add garlic and onion. Cook until onion is softened.
- Add crushed tomato and black beans and begin to heat.
- Once crushed tomato begins to boil, add in cooked shrimp and quinoa. Mix and heat.
- Lay out tortillas in a baking dish small enough that the tortillas are lined up so that they wont unroll.
- Spoon chili mixture into center of tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down.
- Pour salsa over tortilla rolls, drizzle hot sauce to taste, and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
The Everything Paella
- 1/2 lb uncooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb chorizo
- 1/2 lb mussels
- 1 can black beans
- 1 1/4 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus olive for cooking)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- Seasonings to taste: paprika, oregano, pepper, garlic powder
- Cut chicken breast into small chunks. Marinate in bowl with olive oil and paprika and oregano to taste. Refrigerate.
- Remove chorizo from casing. Season ground beef as desired (I used pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and Mrs. Dash). Crumble and mix the two together. Refrigerate.
- Heat olive oil in large pan or wok. Stir in red pepper flakes, crushed garlic, and rice.
- Cook rice, stirring with olive oil, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in bay leaf and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- At the same time, heat olive in separate pan for meat.
- Add marinated chicken and onion, cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in ground beef/chorizo mix, cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and mussels. Cook until shrimp turn pink and mussels open.
- Serve rice with mixture of meats and seafood on top.
Paleo Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 10 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups organic free range chicken broth
- 3/4 can of coconut milk
- Heat olive in pan. Add mushrooms, shallot, and garlic and saute until shallot is soft and baby bellas shrink.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once done, let cool for 2 minutes before pouring into blender.
- Pulse blender for a few seconds to chop mushrooms.
- Add coconut milk and blend to desired consistency.
Steak and Butternut Squash Stir Fry
- 1 lb sliced steak
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium butternut squash, sliced thin
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into crowns
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Heat oil in large wok or frying pan.
- Add in onions and cook until it begins to soften.
- Add in meat and cook for a couple minutes, until meat browns on the outside but still has a red middle.
- Toss in broccoli and butternut squash along with oyster sauce.
- Stirring frequently, cook until butternut squash softens and steak is cooked to your desired heat.