The Everything Paella
- 1/2 lb uncooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb chorizo
- 1/2 lb mussels
- 1 can black beans
- 1 1/4 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus olive for cooking)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- Seasonings to taste: paprika, oregano, pepper, garlic powder
- Cut chicken breast into small chunks. Marinate in bowl with olive oil and paprika and oregano to taste. Refrigerate.
- Remove chorizo from casing. Season ground beef as desired (I used pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and Mrs. Dash). Crumble and mix the two together. Refrigerate.
- Heat olive oil in large pan or wok. Stir in red pepper flakes, crushed garlic, and rice.
- Cook rice, stirring with olive oil, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in bay leaf and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- At the same time, heat olive in separate pan for meat.
- Add marinated chicken and onion, cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in ground beef/chorizo mix, cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and mussels. Cook until shrimp turn pink and mussels open.
- Serve rice with mixture of meats and seafood on top.