Sausage and Peppers over Parmesan Polenta
- 1 package sausage of choice (I used chicken sausage), sliced
- 3 bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 cups broth or water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat olive oil and garlic in skillet.
- Add peppers and onions. Cook until they begin to soften.
- Add in sliced sausage. Cook all together until sausage is browned.
- While sausage is browning, heat 3 cups of water or bone broth to boil. (I used 3 cups of water and added two packets of Lono Life grass-fed beef bone broth powder)
- Once water boils slowly whisk in cornmeal until combined.
- Lower heat to a slow simmer and add in last cup of water. Continue to whisk until mixture thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in Parmesan and whisk until combined.
- Spoon onto plate. (Polenta will harden as it cools.) Top with sausage, peppers, and onion mixture.