Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
- 1 can (15oz) black beans
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 yellow bell pepper, minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Cover and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Mash black beans with a fork into a past like mixture.
- Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, jalapenos, onion, garlic, hot sauce, and egg into black beans.
- Form black bean mixture into approximately 5 patties.
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook the patties until heated through, only about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top with your favorites; for example fantastic with avocado, tomato, and alfalfa sprouts.