Maple Bacon Mini Cakes
(for the cakes)
- 1/2 cup Bob Mill gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons Kerry Gold butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
(for the brown sugar caramel maple glaze topping)
- 4 tbsp. Kerry Gold butter
- 1/2 & 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 3 slices thick cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- In blender or with a hand mixer, beat together all cake ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into greased muffin tins, filling just halfway, and bake 15 mins.
- While cakes are baking, begin cooking bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine maple syrup, tapioca flour, coconut oil, and 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside to thicken.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat butter, coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 3 mins; stirring occasionally.
- Remove cakes from muffin tin and pour heated glaze mixture over cakes while both are still warm.
- Allow to cool 5 mins and add thickened maple glaze topping over caramel. Crumble bacon on top.