Gluten-free Shrimp Enchiladas with Black Bean Quinoa Chili
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb raw, deveined shrimp
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 can organic black beans
- 2 cups Double Roasted Salsa (I used Trader Joe’s)
- Frank’s hot sauce & shredded Mexican cheese
- Boil pot of water with half a carrot and a quarter of an onion chopped up to cook the shrimp in.
- Cook shrimp until they turn pink, about a minute or two.
- In a separate pot bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa to a boil. Cook 15 minutes, or until all the water in absorbed.
- In another large pot, heat olive oil and add garlic and onion. Cook until onion is softened.
- Add crushed tomato and black beans and begin to heat.
- Once crushed tomato begins to boil, add in cooked shrimp and quinoa. Mix and heat.
- Lay out tortillas in a baking dish small enough that the tortillas are lined up so that they wont unroll.
- Spoon chili mixture into center of tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down.
- Pour salsa over tortilla rolls, drizzle hot sauce to taste, and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes at 350 degrees.