Butternut Squash Sage Sauce
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 sage leaves, cut into thin strips
- Heat olive oil in deep pan.
- Add in shallots and cook until they begin to turn translucent.
- Add butternut squash, cut into small cubes, and caramelize outsides of cubes.
- Add in bay leaf, sage leaves, nutmeg, and 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Cook until squash becomes tender but is maintaining shape, about 10 minutes.
- In blender, puree mixture (minus bay leaf). Slowly adding remainder of chicken broth.
- Once done, heat in pot, adding water as necessary until achieving desired consistency.