Butternut Squash Casserole
- 1/2 lb pork (or chicken) sausage
- 1 lb shrimp, chopped into pieces
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1/2 lb extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 onion
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices of turkey bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook bacon and sausage together in deep pot/pan.
- When fat begins to render, add the diced onion.
- Sautee until bacon is crisp, sausage crumbled, and onion is soft.
- Add tofu and cook until begins to turn color to slightly golden.
- Add in the sliced squash. Turn the heat to high so squash will brown and caramelize not boil.
- Remove pot from heat. Let cool.
- Pour beaten eggs over mixture and stir to coat mix. Add shrimp and parmesan cheese to taste.
- Stir to combine all ingredients and pour into casserole dish.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes.