Asian Style Cabbage Rolls
- 1lb ground turkey
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 3 carrots; minced
- 1 medium onion; minced
- 3-4 garlic cloves; minced
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and begin to boil pot of water.
- In a large bowl mix ground turkey (uncooked), carrot, onion, and garlic.
- In a smaller bowl mix your sauce – coconut aminos, sesame oil, worcestershire, rice vinegar, ginger, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Add sauce to ground turkey mixture slowly, mixing thoroughly.
- Once water in pot is boiling, add in cabbage leaves (3 at a time) and cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add heaping scoop of filling to each cabbage roll.
- Add rolls to greased baking dish seam side down; stuffing them close to prevent opening.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water over rolls in filled baking dish.
- Cover lightly with foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cook for another 15 minutes uncovered.
- If desired, broil for 3-5 minutes on LOW broil to get a charr on top.
- Lastly, if so desired, use the same measurements of sauce created for filling in order to have a dipping or dressing sauce.